Sunday, March 23, 2014

Whistle Pig

     I am driving in the country one beautiful sunny morning.  The birds are chasing each other.  The cows are grazing in the field.  The sunrise is so amazing it cannot be described.  Worship music is blaring from my car.  God's glory is all around me.  Life is good!  Just then a cute little whistle pig darts out in the road and I smashed it with my tire.  Just like that his life is over forever.  How sad is that?  I decided at that moment that I had a choice to make.  I could choose to focus on the death of the whistle pig and let it ruin my day or I could choose to focus on the beauty and glory around me.  Life can be like the smashed whistle pig in the middle of the road.  It can catch us off guard at any second.  We can either let those moments bring us down or we can choose to see the beauty that is all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment