Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Chicken Vegetable Chowder

     Yesterday was another one of those days that I forgot to take something out of the freezer to thaw for dinner.  So I had to be creative.  I had some cooked chicken breast that I needed to use up so I created this delicious chowder.  I also had some French bread that I needed to use so I cut it into rounds, buttered the pieces and fried them in a skillet on both sides until they were crispy.  They went along with the chowder just fine.

Chicken Chowder:

1 1/2 c cooked chicken (diced)
1 potato (diced)
2 carrots (diced)
1/2 onion (minced)
1 T butter
2 c chicken broth
2 T flour
1 1/2 c milk
salt & pepper to taste
1 t parsley
1/2 bag frozen peas
1/2 bag frozen corn

Cook butter over medium heat in a large saucepan.  Add chicken, potato, onion and carrot.  Cook until all of the veggies are brown.  Add the chicken broth and cook for 20 minutes.  Mix the flour and milk together in a bowl with a whisk.  Pour into the soup.  Add salt, pepper and parsley.  Stir in frozen peas and corn.  Cook another five minutes.  Serve hot with crusty bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment