Monday, March 24, 2014

Broccoli Breakfast Scramble

     I have been reading The Daniel Plan by Rick Warren.  The thing that I like about this book is the recipes.  They taste good and are easy to change if you don't have ingredients on hand.  This morning, I wanted to make the Breakfast Scramble but I did not have some if the ingredients that the recipe called for so I adjusted it to fit the ingredients that I had on hand.  It turned out really yummy!

Broccoli Breakfast Scramble

1 T butter
1/2 c broccoli (cut into small pieces)
1/4 c diced tomatoes
salt & pepper to taste
2 eggs
1 T milk
1/2 avocado diced

Melt butter in a skillet.  Add broccoli and tomatoes.  Cook until the broccoli softens a bit.  Crack eggs in a bowl.  Add milk, salt & pepper.  Whip with a fork & add to the hot skillet.  Cook until the egg is done.  Take off the heat & add the avocado.  Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment