Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Grapefruit Lip Balm

     I made lip balm the other day.  It was easier than I thought and it turned out well.  The only thing that I would have done differently is I would have had my containers already laid out on the counter.  I forgot that step and was scrambling with hot wax while trying to open containers and set them out.

Grapefruit Lip Balm:

4 t beeswax
1 T coconut oil
2 T almond oil
25 drops of grapefruit essential oil

Boil some water in a saucepan.  Place beeswax, coconut oil and almond oil in a glass measuring cup. Put the glass cup in the boiling water and stir the ingredients until melted.  Quickly stir in the essential oil and pour the mixture into containers.  (The balm will harden up fast so you have to work quickly.)  Label the container lids and set aside.  When the mixture hardens (about 10-15 minutes) put the lids on.  Your lip balm is ready to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment