Saturday, March 8, 2014

Giving With Nothing

     About three years ago my neighbor was diagnosed with cancer.  About three months later he died. There was a lot of family from out of town who came to stay with my neighbor's wife.  I really felt like I needed to do something for them but we were so broke at that time.  I finally decided to make a huge crockpot of bean soup and I had just enough flour to make some biscuits.  I also made a homemade card and took it all over to them for dinner.  I remember feeling so embarrassed that it wasn't a very fabulous meal.  I prayed all the way over to their house that God would help it to taste really good.  At one point, I almost turned around and came back home.  I am so glad that I didn't.  The next day, a friend of the family came over to bring my dishes back.  She said that the food was so delicious and was a great comfort to them.

     The moral of the story is:  Be humble enough to act on your gut instincts.  Even when you don't have much to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment