Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Dough Tip

     The other day I went to pick up my daughter from my friend's home.  My friend was making some cute little bunny rolls.  She was frustrated because the dough needed to be rolled out into a rope and it kept shrinking up on her.  I could relate to her frustration because years ago I remember being irritated that my pizza dough would shrink up when I rolled it out to fit the pan.  After that experience I learned a handy trick that changed my life.  You must let the dough rest for five minutes before you continue to roll it out.  If you want it to stretch even further let it rest another five minutes.  I set my timer and walk away from the dough because I get impatient and I want to roll it before it is ready.  I hope this will save someone from some aggravation today.  Have a blessed Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment