Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Trailer Trash

     Early on in my marriage, my husband and I lived in a travel trailer for two and a half years.  It was one of the most challenging times in both of our lives.  The close quarters were almost suffocating at times.

     One night we were having an argument.  (This is rare for us because we usually get along great.)  To get to our bed we had to climb a small ladder.  Our bed was close to the ceiling.  In fact, neither one of us could sit up in bed or our heads would smack the ceiling.  We continued to bicker as we got into bed.  I was so irritated that I rolled over away from my husband and when I did that my elbow whacked the ceiling.  It hurt so bad!  There was about five minutes of silence and my husband rolled over and whispered, "Trailer trash" into my ear.  We both started laughing until our sides hurt.  I don't  remember what we argued about that night but I will always remember the laughter that came after.

     The moral of the story is:  Try and find humor in every situation.  It just might make you feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment