Thursday, February 27, 2014

Rain

     It is raining today.  I enjoy the smell of the rain, listening to the sound it makes on my roof and watching it fall from my kitchen window.  I get tired of the rain week after week but I really enjoy it for just a day or two.  It makes me want to curl up in my favorite chair with a good book, blanket and a cup of hot tea.  The rain here is like a steady drizzle.  It is not like the rain that I grew up with in Oregon.  I don't even know if Oregonians would consider what we have here as rain.  They really know what rain is.  It rains there "like a cow peeing on a flat rock" and often.  That might sound funny unless you have experienced it for yourself.  So today, don't let the rain bum you out.  The sun will come out another day.  Just try to enjoy it while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment