Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Garden

     Last summer, my dear friend Julie gave me some things to plant in my garden and gave me some of her garden goodies to enjoy.  I can cook just about anything but gardening is not my strong suit if you know what I mean.  I planted the rhubarb plant, the chives and the parsley that she gave me.  Later that day, she came over to my house and we went out to the garden to check on the newly planted items in my garden.  She began to laugh and told me that the parsley was for eating and not for planting in my garden.  I slowly backed up, picked the parsley out of the ground and said, "What parsley?  I don't see any parsley!"  We had a good laugh about that & I chopped up the parsley for dinner that night.

     The moral of the story is:  Laugh at yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment