Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Chicken & Rice With Broccoli

     Last night I was looking for a quick dinner.  I started rummaging through my cupboard for ingredients and this recipe is what I came up with.  My whole family enjoyed it.  I love it when that happens!

Chicken & Rice With Broccoli:

2 T vegetable oil
1 pkg raw chicken breast cut into strips
1/2 t Cajun seasoning
salt & pepper to taste
2 T soy sauce
2 T sugar
1 clove of garlic (minced)
1/2 t ginger
1 T white wine vinegar
1 1/2 c chicken broth
1 c minute rice
1 head of broccoli (chopped)

Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.  Layer chicken on the bottom of the pan and season both sides with Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper.  Cook until chicken is almost done.  Turning over every 1-2 minutes.  In a bowl, mix soy sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger and white wine vinegar together.  Pour over the chicken.  Add the minute rice, chicken broth and broccoli.  Cover.  Cook until the rice is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment