Friday, February 7, 2014

Leftover Tri-tip Stew

     I had leftovers of that delicious tri-tip that I made and I thought that a stew sounded good with all of this cold weather that we have had.  It was very flavorful and I thought that I would share the recipe with you.  Even though it has a lot of vegetables in it, my husband still thought that it was really good.  Write it on the record books!

Tri-tip Stew:

Leftover tri-tip (cut into bite sized pieces)
2 potatoes ( diced)
1 large carrot ( diced)
1/2 head of cabbage (diced)
1 t parsley
1/4 t pepper

Place the tri-tip & cut up veggies in the same Dutch oven that you cooked the tri-tip in the night before.  The juices from the night before should remain in the Dutch oven as well.  Season with parsley & pepper.  Add just enough water to cover the meat & veggies.  Bring to a boil on the stove and turn the heat down to a simmer.  Cook until the veggies are soft.  (About 20 minutes). Ladle into bowls and serve with bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment