Sunday, February 2, 2014

Embarrassing Football Moment

     Back in the early 90's, I was in Anaheim, California.  I was staying at a hotel babysitting for some people who had conferences to go to. I watched their three children during the day while they were in meetings.  There was a lot of excitement in the hotel because the Seattle Seahawks were staying on the ninth floor.  One sunny afternoon, the children and I were in the elevator on our way to the swimming pool.  There were two large men in the elevator with us and one of them pushed the button for the ninth floor.  I stupidly said, "Did you know that the Seattle Seahawks are staying on that floor?"  The two men chuckled and one of them said, "Yes, we play for the team."  My face turned five shades of red and I said, "Oh."  The men continued to chuckle as they got off on the ninth floor.  That was the longest elevator ride of my life!

     The moral of the story is:  Don't say anything if you are ever in an elevator with famous people.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA! I have not heard this story before. I can totally feel your innocence at asking and your embarrassment at the answer. You had youth as an excuse, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, youth was my excuse and I am sticking to it!

    ReplyDelete