Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Blackberry Pie

     I thought that I would give you my favorite dessert recipe EVER!  I have always loved blackberries.  I have fond memories of picking blackberries in the summer at my childhood home.  I ate more than I put in the bucket.  They were so big, juicy and sweet.  I just couldn't resist popping them into my mouth.  If you have access to blackberries, you must make this right away.

Blackberry Pie:

1c sour cream
3/4 c sugar
3 T flour
1/8 t cinnamon
1/8 t salt
3 c blackberries
1 unbaked pie pastry

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.   Bake pie pastry for 12 minutes & set aside to cool.  Reduce oven to 350 degrees.  In a bowl mix sour cream, sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt.  Gently stir in blackberries.  Spoon mixture into pie crust.  Bake 50 minutes covered with foil.  Remove foil & bake 20 more minutes.  Cool & refrigerate before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment