Thursday, February 6, 2014

Tasty Tri-tip

     My neighbor butchered one of his cows recently and gave our family some meat.  Last night for dinner I made a tri-tip.  I think the best way to cook a tri-tip is to grill it but because of all of the snow, I decided against that.  I ended up using the oven and it turned out wonderful.

Tri-tip:

1 t garlic salt
1/2 t dry minced onion
1/4 t pepper
1/2 t salt
1/2 t sage
1/2 t parsley
1 tri-tip
1 c water

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.  While the oven is preheating, mix together all of the seasonings in a small bowl.  Rub generously all over the meat.  Place the meat on the counter and let it sit for 1-2 hours.  Put the meat in a Dutch oven and pour in the water.  Cover with the lid and bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes.   Slice the meat and place it back in the juices until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment