Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pot Pie With Beef

     Yesterday was a crazy day.  I was gone most of the day and by the time I got home it was almost dinner time.  I opened the refrigerator to see what I could invent for dinner on short notice.  I had some left over ground beef that needed to be used up.  I decided to make a meat pie.  It turned out delicious and my family loved it.

Pot Pie With Beef:

1 lb ground beef
1/2 onion (diced)
1 c homemade cream of chicken (or 1 can)
1 large potato (diced)
1 carrot (diced)
1 c peas
salt & pepper to taste
Unbaked pie crust (top & bottom)

Brown the beef with the onion until no longer pink.  Drain the grease & set aside.  Place potato & carrot slices in a saucepan with water just covering the top of the veggies.  Bring to a boil & cook until the veggies are soft.  (About 12-15 minutes). Add the peas & turn off the heat.  As soon as the peas look done, drain off the water.  In a large bowl, mix the beef, veggies, cream soup, & sprinkle with salt & pepper.  Pour the mixture into an unbaked pie crust.  Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on top.

2 comments:

  1. You are very clever, my dear. Would you mind sharing your homemade cream soup recipe?

    ReplyDelete