Saturday, January 11, 2014

Aunt Patsy's Cinnamon Rolls

     Nothing says I love you to your family like a big pan of cinnamon rolls.  This morning, I am bringing my family together at the breakfast table with the following recipe:

1 pkg yeast
1 c. warm water
1 t. sugar
4 eggs
3 t. salt
1 c. butter
5 c. milk
10 c. flour
2 c. sugar

Filling:
1/2 c. butter
1t. cinnamon
1 1/2 c. sugar

     In a large bowl, mix together yeast, water and sugar.  Beat together eggs, salt and butter in another bowl and combine with the yeast mixture.  Stir in the milk, flour and sugar.  The dough will be sticky.  Place in a greased bowl and let rise for one hour.  Repeat three times, punching down the dough after each time.  Cut the dough into six parts.  Roll out each part, spread with butter, cinnamon and sugar.  Roll up and seal.  Cut into rounds and place in well greased glass pans.  Let rise for eight hours.  Bake at 375 degrees for 15-17 minutes.  If desired, drizzle with a glaze.  Enjoy!

     This recipe came from my Aunt Patsy.  She was known for being a fabulous cook.  She had signature dishes that she would bring to family gatherings.  She died of a brain tumor over twenty years ago and I still miss her every day.  She had the most contagious laugh and if I close my eyes while biting into my cinnamon roll, I can still hear it.

     Have a blessed Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Cinnamon rolls are my love language. I KNOW heaven will smell like cinnamon rolls are baking all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete