Sunday, January 12, 2014

Beeswax Surprise

     I have been wanting to make some homemade lip balm for a while.  I did not have any beeswax on hand so I went to Michaels in town to get some.  They carry the bricks of beeswax so I bought one.  I set it on a shelf at home and a few days later decided to get it out with the rest of my ingredients to make sure that I had everything.  As I was looking the beeswax over, I noticed that there were teeth marks in my wax.  I was disturbed at first, but then realized that a small child in the store must have thought that it was a honeycomb and therefore decided to have a taste.  Imagine his or her surprise when they bit into the waxy, unpleasant substance.  The more I thought about it, the more hilarious it became to me.  I have laughed and laughed about it for weeks.  I still can't bring myself to make the lip balm without new beeswax and I also can't seem to get rid of the brick that I already purchased.  It just makes me crack up every time I see the brick.  All that to say, when I get around to making the lip balm (and if it turns out) then I will share the recipe with you.

2 comments:

  1. What about making candles & buying some wick using the old wax? No charge for this idea! Have a peach! Love ya'. Good bye! :) ..... By the way, nice blog!

    ReplyDelete