Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Dirty Dishes

     I try to get all of my dinner dishes put away each day so that I can start my morning with a clean kitchen.  Last night however, I was lazy and did not feel like cleaning up after dinner.  This morning I turned on the kitchen light and was reminded of the mounds of dirty dishes that were not only in the sink but also on the counter top as well.  For a moment I started to feel sorry for myself and then I was reminded of a poem that I found on the internet several months ago.

Dirty Dishes:
Thank heaven for dirty dishes,
They have a tale to tell
While other folks go hungry,
We are eating very well.
With home and health and happiness,
We shouldn't want to fuss
By this stack of evidence,
God is VERY good to us!

     Bless the person who wrote this!  We can all use a bit of perspective sometimes can't we?  Happy Tuesday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment