Thursday, January 30, 2014

Grandma's Lemon Bars

     This morning, I saw a tiny piece of blue sky poking through the clouds.  I am hopeful for some sunshine.  I thought that I would share with you a summertime dessert that my grandma use to make. Maybe it will help to coax the sun to come out.

Lemon Bars:

Crust:
2c flour
3/4 c butter
1/2 c powdered sugar
1/2 t salt

Filling:

1 1/3 c sugar
3 t flour
1/2 t baking powder
1/3 c lemon juice
3 eggs

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Line a 13 x 9 inch pan with foil & grease.  In a bowl, mix together crust ingredients & press into the pan.  In the same bowl, mix together the filling ingredients and pour on top of the crust.  Bake for 20 minutes or until done in the center.  Let it cool completely.  Sprinkle with powdered sugar & cut into bars.

1 comment:

  1. I have this same recipe and I love it. So simple and so yummy. My man would be thrilled if I made this... maybe tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete