Sunday, January 26, 2014

Bobby James

     One of my favorite things in life is having a meaningful conversation with a child.  They are only small for a short time.  It is so important to appreciate the time that we get to spend with them while they are young.

     Several months ago, I went to visit a good friend of mine.  I stayed at her house for a week.  She has three children, the youngest being four years old (at the time).  One afternoon, the kids were playing outside and I saw the youngest (Bobby James) on the large porch swing by himself.  I asked him if I could sit with him and he said yes.  He told me about the fence that his grandpa built, the shop that his grandpa built, the garden that his grandpa put in, etc..  I asked him what his grandma does and he said to me, "She just bosses my grandpa around and tells him what to do.".  As if this wasn't enough to make me die laughing, he told me that he goes to Sunday School at church.  I asked him if he made some friends and he told me all about his friends.  I then asked him what he learns about at church.  He told me that he learned about a guy named Jesus who got stuck in a cave for three days.  I said, "Oh dear!"  He said, "Oh, don't worry he found his way out and He is alive!"

     The moral of this story is to enjoy the little people who are around you.  Take the time to talk to them on their level.  It might just make your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment