Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Oven Stew

      I really enjoy recipes that cook low and slow.  It makes my whole house smell yummy.  Here is a recipe that I have had for years.  It is very simple to make and it always turns out great.  I prefer to make homemade cream of chicken but you can use the canned version if you are running low on time.

Oven Stew:

1 pkg stew meat
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1/2 onion (rough chop)
4 carrots (rough chop)
3 potatoes (cut into fourths)
2 c cream of chicken (or 2 cans)

Layer the ingredients in a large baking dish.  Sprinkle salt and pepper between each layer.  Pour the soup over the top of all the ingredients.  Cover and bake at 275 degrees for five hours.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! This sounds so delicious and comforting. It's going on the menu next week, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome! Let me know what your family thinks.

    ReplyDelete