Friday, January 31, 2014

Candy Land Faith

     When it comes to playing board games my husband is competitive.  I am not.  Sure, I like to win but, I like to play for fun win or lose.
   
     When our daughter was three years old, she loved to play board games.  I always tried to let her win while encouraging her along the way.  My husband always tried to be the winner and told me that it was good character building for her.

     One day after my husband got home from work, our daughter asked him if he wanted to play Candy Land with her.  He said yes that he would play three games.  He won two games and was about to win the third when she stopped to pray.  She said, "Dear Jesus, please help me to win this game.  Amen."  The next card that she drew was Queen Frostine and she soared ahead of her dad on the board and went on to win the game.  He was in shock!

     The moral of the story is:  Never underestimate the power of prayer.

1 comment: