Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Healthy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins

     I often sneak healthy items into my recipes.  I feel like it is my responsibility as a housewife to try and get as many fruits and vegetables into the stomachs of my family members as possible.  Here is a delicious muffin recipe that I adjusted to make it "healthy".  My husband likes to eat these for breakfast:

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins
1/2 c butter
3/4 c brown sugar
1 egg
1 c white/wheat flour
1/4 c wheat germ
1 c oatmeal
1 t baking powder
1/4 t soda
1/4 t salt
3/4 c homemade applesauce
1/2 c carrots (puréed)
3/4 c chocolate chips

Cream together butter, sugar & egg.  Mix together dry ingredients in a seperate bowl.  Slowly add to the wet ingredients.  Add applesauce & chocolate chips.  Pour ingredients into a greased muffin tin.  Fill about 3/4 full.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

2 comments: