Monday, May 5, 2014

The Ladies

     Yesterday, I cleaned out the chicken coop.  Today, I thought that I would tell you about what I do to keep my coop clean and fresh for my chickens. Here are six easy steps for a clean coop. (I let my "ladies" roam around the backyard while I do this.)

1.)  I scooped the chicken poop out and put it in my compost pile.
2.)  I emptied out the water dish, sprayed it with an orange vinegar solution and wiped it clean.  I did the same with the food container. Then I set both containers in the sun to dry.
3.)  I sprinkled diotemacious earth all over the bottom of my coop and spread out bedding over the top of that.
4.)  I filled up the food and water containers and put them back in the coop.
5.)  I picked a generous amount of tall green grass  and put it in their nesting boxes.
6.)  Gently I herded them back into their coop.  They were very happy!

That is it!  Pretty easy and my "ladies" are VERY happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment