Sunday, April 6, 2014

Essential Oil

     Have you ever used essential oils?  I have been using them for several years now and I just love them.  It is important to use high quality oils.  I recommend DoTerra.  There are several other brands out there that work just as well.  

I wanted tell you about a few of my favorite oils and what I use them for.  

When I am having trouble sleeping at night, I rub some chamomile/lavender oil on my wrists and sleep with my hands by my face so that I can breathe in the scent.  This works really well for me.

When my daughter is having growing pains in her legs, I rub some eucalyptus oil on them.  Eucalyptus oil also works really well for cuts and scrapes.  

For cleaning, I put lavender, lemongrass, rosemary and tea tree oil in 1 cup of vinegar.  I then add 2 cups of water and shake it up in a squirt bottle.  This is a great all purpose cleaner.

These are just a few ways that essential oils can be used.  If you are interested in trying them, I encourage you to buy the book The Complete Book of Essential Oils & Aromatherapy by Valerie Ann Worwood.  It is an easy to understand guide to using the oils.  


No comments:

Post a Comment