Monday, June 30, 2014

The Ladies

     My "ladies" (chickens) have started laying eggs.  I am SO happy about that!  Today, I wanted to share with you some of the ways that I care for my chickens.  I hope this will be useful information to you.

5 Ways To Care For The  "Ladies":

1.)  Let them roam around the yard during the day.  They like to explore and eat bugs.

2.)  Feed them lettuce from your garden.  They like to each a small bunch of lettuce every day.

3.)  Check on their water often.  Chickens need clean, fresh, cool water frequently.  In the summer, their water gets really hot so put some ice cubes in their water dish.  In the winter, their water can freeze so make sure that they have access to thawed water at all times.

4.)  Put flowers in their nesting boxes.  They like it!

5.)  Clean their food & water dishes often.  Chickens are messy and they poop everywhere, all the time.  I use vinegar mixed with essential oils in a spray bottle to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment