Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Chocolate Chip Skillet Dessert

     Have you ever wondered what to do with a small cast iron skillet?  I have.  I always thought they were pointless until a few months ago.  I went to a restaurant with some friends and had one of the most divine desserts that I have ever eaten!  Here is my version of that recipe.

Chocolate Chip Skillet Dessert:

1 batch of your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough
1/2 stick of butter
vanilla ice cream
chocolate syrup

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a small cast iron skillet melt the butter.  Swirl it around the sides of the pan so that it is greased really well.  Press the cookie dough into the bottom of the pan and bake until golden brown.  (8-10 minutes)  Place two scoops of ice cream on top of the cookie & drizzle with chocolate syrup.  Serve immediately in the skillet.

No comments:

Post a Comment