Monday, June 9, 2014

Indonesian Layered Soup

     I had a really yummy Indonesian soup today at an MAF conference that I attended.  Here is an Americanized version of the soup that I recreated.  I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did.

Indonesian Layered Soup:

1 head of cabbage chopped very thin
3 c cooked white rice
3 c shredded cooked chicken
3 c cooked bean threads (or cooked angel hair pasta)
6 c chicken broth
1 T ginger
1/4 t pepper
1 c diced carrots
1 bunch green onions chopped
1 c chopped nuts

Layer rice, chicken, bean threads & cabbage in soup bowls.  In a large pot heat up the chicken broth, ginger, pepper, carrots and onions over medium heat.  Simmer for two hours.  Ladle the chicken broth mixture over the layered ingredients in the bowls and top with nuts.  Eat hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment