Thursday, June 12, 2014

Beet Salad

     When I was a child, I thought that beets were nasty.  Now that I am an adult, I can't get enough of them.  I think that they have a great flavor.

Beet Salad:

3 large beets
2 carrots
3 c water
1/4 c nuts
pineapple balsamic vinegar

Place the beets in a glass baking dish.  Cover with tin foil.  Bake at 400 degrees for one hour or until done.  Let them cool.  Remove the skins and slice the beets.  Place the slices in a bowl and set aside.  Peel & dice the carrots.  Place them in a saucepan of boiling water & cook until  tender.  Drain the water & place the carrots in with the beets.  Chop up some nuts (pecans or hazelnuts are my favorite) and sprinkle on top of the carrots & beets.  Drizzle with pineapple balsamic vinegar.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment