Friday, August 8, 2014

Blackberry Cinnamon Scones

     I enjoy eating warm scones with a cup of coffee in the morning.  It makes me feel like I am at a bed and breakfast even though I am not.  I don't know why.  Anyway, these are tasty and you should try them.  Have a blessed weekend!

Blackberry Cinnamon Scones:

1/2 c milk
1 egg
2 1/2 c flour
1/2 c sugar
1 T baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 T cinnamon
1 stick of butter
1 c blackberries

In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt & cinnamon.  Set aside.  In a smaller bowl, whisk together the egg & milk.  Cut the butter into small pieces and mix into the dry ingredients.  Pour the milk & egg mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.  Gently fold in the berries.  Scoop the batter into a greased scone pan and bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.  Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment