Friday, July 18, 2014

Fried Zucchini

     I don't think that I have ever eaten anything fried that I didn't like.  That is not to say that it is good for my body but every once in a while I indulge in something fried.  Fried zucchini is one of those indulgences.

Fried Zucchini:

3 medium zucchini
onion salt & pepper to taste
1 c flour
1 large egg
1 T water
2 c oil

Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat.  Slice the zucchini into rounds and set aside.  In a small bowl, beat the egg & water.  In another small bowl, mix the flour, onion salt & pepper.  Dip the zucchini rounds in the egg mixture and then into the flour mixture.  Do this step twice before frying.  Gently place the rounds into the hot oil until they are golden brown on each side.  Place them on a towel lined plate to soak up some of the grease.  Serve by themselves or with ranch dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment