Monday, July 14, 2014

Cooking Zucchini

     If you are like me, your garden is abundant with zucchini.  It is kind of a love/hate relationship that I have with my zucchini.  I LOVE having fresh produce at my fingertips.  I hate it when I feel like it is taking over my life.  So far, I have made zucchini bread, zucchini cookies, zucchini brownies, zucchini stir fry, etc..  Today, I wanted to give you a simple recipe for cooking your zucchini to bring out its flavor.  I hope you like it!

Cooking Zucchini:

1-2 medium sized zucchini
salt & pepper
butter
water

Wash and slice your zucchini into bite sized pieces.  Put the slices in a saucepan and generously salt and pepper.  Dot the zucchini evenly with butter. Pour enough water in the pan to cover halfway up the zucchini.  Cover and bring to a boil.  When the water boils, turn off the heat and let the pan rest covered for 5 minutes.  Stir the zucchini and serve while hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment